Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sunday Sauce


Christmas is definitely on this year. Yesterday the old man and I got a real tree – a symbolic gesture we haven’t done in way too many years. It’s somewhat larger than it appeared in the lot where first we spied it. Luckily we didn’t have to pull a Babitz to make it fit. Now the whole house smells of Balsam Fir and that’s just fine with me! The holiday shopping was low key and I’m relieved to say that it’s finished. Now there’s cooking to do and parties to host.




2008 has been a mixed bag of crap and candy. Last year I was determined to have a positive, happy year and despite a whole lot of trials and tribulations it has been pretty damn good. Much like the Obama win in November, the year has proven to be quite transformative for me personally. For better or for worse, we’re all in it so we better make it work – that includes our conduct both in our daily family lives and outside. People generally piss me off to no end with their incessant cell phone use and overall disregard for manners and etiquette. All I can do is try to be the example with an open mind and hopefully less aggravation. We owe it to ourselves and our country to do the best we can regardless of the situation. Consider that today’s word of advice.



Now I must get back to tending the sauce. Ciao.

No comments: