Thursday, December 04, 2008

Happy Birthday


It’s been a year since I started this blog. It began as a way to cope with the writers’ strike and the fact that my favorite shows (Colbert and Daily) were sent into reruns for over a month. Boredom and frustration set in, so I figured I’d create an outlet for my angst that became Web Dunce official.



The changes that took place this past year, both for the country and for me personally have been quite profound. I’ve never used this blog as a space for anything personal going on in my life, but let’s just say that my human experience has broadened across the spectrum of complete elation and happiness to total loss. I’ve grown, luckily not in the physical sense.




I spent a good portion of this past year living in a semi-reality. Going on dream dates to political rallies with my imaginary boyfriend, Steve, letting cable news become my new drug of choice, and getting though a mid life crisis by submerging myself into acting and screen writing in an attempt to keep busy and not dwell too long on things that I cannot change.




Through all the ups and downs, it still turned out to be a pretty good year. I got to see Barack Obama speak in person, my job is turning out to be the best thing that’s ever happened to me professionally, and I’m married to the greatest guy in the world. Not too shabby. I still remain a total cynic, but in a healthy observant way. Though I’d like to have more time to contribute to this blogging endeavor, I’ll do my best to keep it going for as long as I’m able. So raise a glass in solidarity fair reader, even though the half full cup is a third backwash.

No comments: