Friday, December 14, 2007

2007 Year End Wrap Up

Top 10 things everyone could have done without
  1. Restless Leg Syndrome
  2. Brittany, Paris and Anna Nicole
  3. Simulated drowning (Waterboarding sounds like too much fun)
  4. Presidential Debates
  5. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
  6. Dancing With the Stars
  7. iPhone
  8. H-3
  9. Feist
  10. The Simpsons Movie

Top 5 things I learned this year
  1. organic cranberry juice does exist
  2. the more electricity I waste, the lower my bill
  3. Beck is a Scientologist
  4. 38 is the new 38
  5. you can’t find a good therapist in December

Music pics
  1. Wilco – Sky Blue Sky
  2. Steve Earle – Washington Square Serenade
  3. Lyle Lovett & His Large Band – It’s Not Big, It’s Large
  4. Garden State soundtrack
  5. Steve Earle – I Feel Alright

Books (I read a lot this year – here are my favorites)
  1. The Complete Gertrude Stein
  2. Letters of Sacco and Vanzetti
  3. Smells Like Dead Elephants – Dispatches from a Rotting Empire (Matt Taibbi)
  4. Generation of Swine (Hunter S. Thompson)
  5. The Complete Dorothy Parker
  6. Windblown World: The Journals of Jack Kerouac
  7. Creating A Character – A Physical Approach to Acting (Moni Yakim)
  8. West of Rome (John Fante)
  9. I Am America and So Can You (Stephen Colbert)
  10. Nobodies (John Bowe)

No comments: