Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Year End Wrap Up

I realize it's early for my annual rambling list, but as I've not had the inspiration to write much of anything on this blog for quite some time, I figure I'll at least bring a dry smile to my faithful readers who check back from time to time only to see the same stagnant post unchanged since their last visit. My apologies to you all. If anything ridiculous should happen between now and New Year's Eve I will be sure to ammend this list. For now, here it is....

Top 10 Things We Could Have Done Without

1. BP Gulf Oil Spill
2. Citizens United
3. The "Ground Zero Mosque" protesters
4. Wiki Leaks
5. The TSA Airport Grope Fest
6. Linda McMahon, Sharon Angle and Christine O'Donnell
7. The KFC Double Down
8. Senator Scott Brown
9. Reverend Terry Jones (no, not the one from Monty Python)
10. Mid-term elections

Top 5 Things I Learned This Year

1. Just becasue you're older doesn't necessarily mean you are wiser.
2. Twitter is stupid.
3. There is no greater sense of accomplishment than growning your own food.
4. Ratatoulle is divine.
5. Most people can't spell or use punctuation correctly as is painfully evident during a cursory perusal of your friends' Facebook statuses.

Music Pics (Not much in the way of new music this year for me. I've been listening to lots of old Police, Paul Simon, the usual jazz and lots of world beat - especially from Latin countries and the Middle East.)

Once Again - John Legend
Los Patricos - The Chieftans with Ry Cooder
Mejor Mariachi del Mundo


Books

1. Maskerade - Terry Pratchett
2. Wyrd Sisters - Terry Pratchett
3. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
4. Wide Sargasso Sea - Jean Rhys
5. Raising Chickens for Dummies - Kimberly Willis and Rob Ludlow
6. In Defense of Food - Michael Pollan
7. Eating Animals - Jonathan Safran Foer
8. It's Not News, It's Fark - Drew Curtis
9. Complete Short Novels of John Steinbeck
10. Dramatis Personae - William Butler Yeats
11. Come On In (New Poems) - Charles Bukowski

No comments: